Forum 50+ is a small charity supporting people over 50 in the Telford & Wrekin area, helping them to maintain wellbeing and independence through increased access to information, support, activities and opportunities to build new connections and engage in social activity within their communities.
– Tackle loneliness, and isolation, helping people to build connections and resilience and to feel better supported.
– Provide information to local people about services, support, advice, activities, volunteering, current issues and consultation opportunities.
– Help people to participate in regular activities increasing social interaction, well-being and confidence.
– Promote the needs and concerns of older people so that they may be heard and accounted for in the planning of services and facilities, and address inequality.
– Provide opportunities for people to learn and gain confidence in the use of technology.
– Offer opportunities for volunteering.
What we offer:
Befriending services including our Telephone Chat Scheme and face to face befriending.
Regular social groups.
Weekly exercise classes.
Computer support and tuition.
A range of volunteering roles and opportunities to get involved.
Free membership and a free regular magazine.
Helping you to have a say.
Campaigning through our action groups.