The Forum’s objective is to support people over 50 in the Telford & Wrekin area, to learn and build digital skills.
- Offering support face to face, either at our regular drop in sessions or at the client’s home.
- Support will range from teaching beginners, helping people learn more and gain confidence, problem solving with devices, (desktops, laptops, smartphones, tablets) programs, broadband connection etc
For drop in sessions:
- Attending the sessions weekly when able, and supporting clients as above.
- Keep records of attendees.
For home support:
- Taking on one or more clients depending on the maximum number you are comfortable taking on and as agreed with the Forum Co-ordinator.
- Keep your own record of all visits, dates, times, and any specific relevant information to help with monitoring and evaluating the scheme.
- Read and understand the guidelines issued before starting and carrying out your duties in accordance with the guidelines and agreed purpose of the scheme.
- Being mindful of your own and your clients’ safety and confidentiality and following procedures.
- Report any changes to arrangements and concerns or problems that need further referrals or investigation, to the Forum staff.
- Maintain communication with Forum staff.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Understanding of the needs of older people in the community in relation to digital skills.
- Patience and sensitivity, and the ability to gear support to the client’s pace and wishes.
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures.
- Reliability to keep to agreed times but flexibility when needed.
Home visits are generally around an hour. Frequency may weekly, fortnightly or monthly for each client.
Drop in sessions last 2 hours and take place weekly.
Travel expenses are payable for getting to and from drop in sessions, and to and from the client’s home.
Volunteers will meet with the Forum Co-ordinator and be given a copy of the Role Guidelines.
For home visits the Forum will carry out an enhanced DBS check (Disclosure & Barring Service, payable by the Forum. The Forum may accept a recent enhance DBS check obtained through another organisation for a similar role.
Express your interest by completing the form below and we’ll get back to you.
How we handle your data.